When your iPad Mini collapses in situations like mobile hang, slow charging, and screen freeze due to the installations of unknown software, you are recommended to reset your device. You can either choose to proceed with a soft reset or factory reset/Hard reset iPad Mini.
A soft reset is similar to rebooting the system. This will close all the running applications and will refresh your device.
Factory reset of iPad Mini is usually done to remove the entire data associated with it. Hence, the device would require the re-installation of all of the software thereafter. It makes the device function like a brand new one. It is usually carried out when a device’s software gets updated.
An iPad Mini hard reset is usually carried out when settings need to be altered due to improper functioning of the device. It deletes all the memory stored in the hardware and updates it with a version of iOS.
Note: After any type of Reset, all the data associated with the device gets deleted. Therefore, it is recommended to back up all the files before you undergo a reset.
How to Soft & Hard Reset iPad Mini
If you are also dealing with issues with your iPad, you are at the right place. We bring a perfect guide that will help you to hard reset the iPad Mini. Read till the end to learn various methods to do the same.
How to Soft Reset iPad Mini
Sometimes, your iPad Mini might exhibit abnormal behavior like irresponsive pages or hang screens. You can fix this issue by restarting your phone. Soft Reset is generally referred to as the standard reboot process.
Procedure to Soft Reset your iPad Mini
1. Press the Power button and hold it for some time.
2. A red slider will appear on the screen. Drag it and power OFF the device.
3. Now, the screen turns black, and the Apple logo appears. Release the button once you see the logo.
4. It takes a while to restart; wait until your phone boot.
1. Press the Power + Home buttons and hold them for some time.
2. Release the button once you see the Apple logo.
3. Wait for the device to restart and check if the problem is fixed.
These three simple steps will also help restart your iPad Mini, which in turn, would resume its standard functionality.
Also Read: How To Run iOS Apps On Your PC?
How to Hard Reset iPad Mini
As mentioned, a hard reset of any device erases all the information present in it. If you wish to sell your iPad Mini or if you want it to work like it did when you bought it, you can opt for a hard reset. A hard reset is referred to as a factory reset.
Procedure to Hard Reset your iPad Mini
There are two simple ways to Factory Reset your iPad Mini:
Method 1: Use Device Settings to Hard Reset
1. Enter device Settings. You can either find it directly on the home screen or find it using the Search menu.
2. Several options will be displayed under the Settings menu; click on General.
3. Tap the Reset option then tap on Erase all Content and Settings.
Note: This will delete all photos, contacts, and applications stored in your iPad Mini.
5. If you have the passcode enabled on your device, it will ask you to enter it. Proceed on by entering the passcode.
6. Erase iPhone option will be displayed now. Once you click it, your iPad Mini will enter into Factory Reset mode.
It may take a long time to reset if you have extensive data and applications stored on your iPad Mini.
Note: When your phone is in Factory reset mode, you cannot perform any operations.
Once the reset is complete, it would work like a new device. Now, it is perfectly safe to sell it to someone or exchange it with a friend.
Also Read: Fix The file iTunes Library.itl cannot be read
Method 2: Use iTunes and Computer to Hard Reset
1. Go to iCloud under Settings. Ensure that the Find My iPad option is turned OFF on your device.
2. Connect your iPad to your computer with the help of its cable.
Note: Please make sure that the device is appropriately connected to your computer to facilitate a smooth connection and to minimize the risk of damage.
3. Launch your iTunes and sync your data.
- If your device has automatic sync ON, then it transfers data like newly added photos, songs, and apps as soon as you plug in your device.
- If your device does not sync on its own, then you will have to do it yourself. On the left pane of iTunes, you will see an option named Summary. Once you click on it, tap on Sync. Thus, the manual sync setup is completed.
4. After completing step 3, go back to the first information page inside iTunes. Click on the Restore iPad option.
5. You will be warned with a prompt ‘tapping this option will delete all the media on your phone.’ Since you have already synced your data, proceed by clicking the Restore button.
6. When you click this button for the second time, the Factory Reset process begins. The device will retrieve the software to help restore your device. It is strictly recommended to not disconnect your iPad from the computer until the entire process completes itself.
7. Once the Factory Reset is done, it asks whether you wish to ‘Restore your data’ or ‘Set it up as a new device.’ Depending upon your requirement, choose one of the options.
8. When you click on the Restore option, all data, media, photos, songs, applications, and backup messages will be restored. Depending upon the data size that needs to be restored, the estimated restoring time will vary.
Note: Do not disconnect your device from the system until data is completely restored to your iOS device.
After the restoration process, your device will restart. Just wait for a little for your device to become as fresh as a new one. You can now disconnect the device from your computer and enjoy using it!
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from Facebook Messenger
- Find the IMEI Number Without a Phone (on iOS and Android)
- 5 Ways To Transfer Music From iTunes To Android
- Fix Nexus Mod Manager Login Error
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to hard reset the iPad Mini. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.