The internet is a marvellous place filled with exciting pages, articles, and content. Within this plethora of online creations, you will naturally come across videos that pique your interest. However, due to some reason, you are unable to access the source of the video. If you find yourself struggling with the same issue, you are at the right place. We bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you how to download videos with Blob URL.
How to Download Video with Blob URL
What are Blob URLs?
Blob URLs are pseudo protocols that assign temporary URLs to media files. This process is crucial because most websites cannot process the raw data contained by files. They require data in the form of binary code that loads through the blob URL. In simpler terms, the blob URL provides data and acts as a fake source for the files on a website.
The blob URL addresses can be found in the DevTools of the webpage. These links, however, cannot be accessed because their source page does not exist. Nevertheless, there are a few different ways through which you can download a blob URL video.
Method 1: Use VLC Media Player to Convert and Download Blob Video
VLC Media Player might not be as popular as it once used to be, but the app still has its uses. The media player can convert blob URL videos into downloadable MP4 files and save them to your PC.
1. Open the web page containing the video you want to download.
2. Before proceeding, make sure that a blob URL is involved. Right-click on the page and select “Inspect.”
3. Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the inspect window and open it as a new tab. The developer tools for the web page will open.
4. Press Ctrl + F and look for “blob”. A blob link exists if the search results reveal a link that begins with “blob: https”.
5. On the DevTools page, click on Network.
6. Press Ctrl + F and search for “m3u8”.
7. Click on the file and copy the Request URL from the header page.
8. Download VLC Media Player from the official website. Run the setup and install the software on your PC.
9. Open VLC and click on the Media in the top left corner of the screen.
10. From the list of options, click on “Open Network Stream.”
11. Paste the .m3u8 blob URL in the text box.
12. Click on the small arrow next to the play button and select Convert.
13. In the convert window, select the preferred output quality and click on the Browse button then choose a destination for the file.
14. Click on Start to begin the conversion process.
15. After the process is complete, head to the destination folder and find the downloaded blob URL video.
Also Read: How To Download Embedded Videos From Websites
Method 2: Use Cisdem Video Converter on Mac
While the method mentioned above works like a charm, there are easier ways to download blob videos. Many video downloaders can convert URLs to mp4 files with ease. If you use a MacBook, then Cisdem Video converter is the ideal choice.
1. Open the browser applications and download the Cisdem Video Converter to your Mac.
2. Install the software and run it on your computer.
3. By default, the app will open on the Convert page. Click on the second panel from the Taskbar to shift to the Download tab.
4. Go to the web page containing the blob URL video you want to download and copy the original link.
5. Paste the link in the Cisdem app and click on the Download button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. The video will download to your computer.
Method 3: Use Freemake Video Downloader on Windows
Freemake is a highly efficient video converter and downloader that can easily download blob URL videos. Most of the services on the app require the premium package. Nevertheless, you can download smaller videos through the free version.
1. Download the Freemake Video Downloader app and install it onto your PC.
2. Open the app and click on “Paste URL” in the top left corner.
3. Copy the link to the video you want to save, and paste it in Freemake.
4. A download window will open up. Change the download settings based on your preference.
5. Click on Download to save the file to your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I download the Facebook video blob?
To download blob videos from Facebook, first, open the DevTools for the webpage. Click on Network and find the file with a .m3u8 extension. Copy the Requested URL of the file. Open VLC Media Player and click on Media in the top left corner. Select Open Stream Network and paste the link in the text box. Click on convert and save the Facebook video to your PC as an MP4 file.
Q2. How do I get blob URL?
Webpages generate blob URLs to make media encoding easier. These automatically created URLs are stored in the page source of the webpage and can be accessed through the DevTools. In the Element panel of DevTools, search for “blob.” Look for a link that exhibits the following pattern: src = blob:https://www.youtube.com/d9e7c316-046f-4869-bcbd-affea4099280”. This is the blob URL of your video.
- How to Download Videos from Discord
- How to Download YouTube Videos on Mobile
- 7 Ways to Fix Android is Stuck in Safe Mode
- How to Download JW Player Videos
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to download videos with blob URLs. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries regarding this article, then drop them in the comments section.