Amazon Fire Tablet is the go-to device for passing the time as it offers seamless streaming of your favorite shows & movies along with a vast array of books. But, what do you do when you can’t enjoy either of these because your Amazon Fire tablet won’t turn on? There are several reasons for it to happen. When you press the Power button in an incorrect manner, or there are some software issues, then the Amazon Fire tablet won’t turn ON. If you are also dealing with the same problem, you are at the right place. We bring a perfect guide that will help you fix the Amazon Fire tablet won’t turn ON issue. You must read till the very end to learn about the various tricks that will help you solve this problem.
How to Fix Amazon Fire Tablet Won’t Turn On
Here are some methods that will help you fix Amazon Fire tablet won’t turn on issue.
Method 1: Hold the Power Button
While handling the Amazon Fire tablet, the most frequent mistake made by users is that they leave the Power button after tapping it once. The correct way to turn it on is:
1. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds.
2. After 5 seconds, you will hear a bootup sound, and the Amazon Fire tablet turns ON.
Method 2: Charge the Tablet using AC Adapter
When the Amazon Fire tablet has zero power or less than adequate charge left, it will enter into power saver mode. At this stage, the tablet will not have sufficient power to reboot itself and won’t turn on.
Note: Charge your device before you start with the troubleshooting steps.
1. Connect the Amazon Fire tablet to its AC adapter and leave it for a few hours (approximately 4 hours) to charge the battery to full.
Tip: It is suggested to hold the Power button for twenty seconds and ensure that it is turned OFF before charging. This will release the Amazon Fire tablet from the power save mode. Also, it will no longer be in sleep mode.
2. You will notice a green light next to the power port once the tablet gets enough power to reboot.
If the light does not switch from red to green, it indicates that your device is not getting charged at all. It may be a device issue, or you are not using the apt AC adapter for charging.
Also Read: 6 Things You should know Before You Buy an Amazon Fire TV Stick
Method 3: Software Update
Few minutes of inactivity will cause the Amazon Fire tablet to enter into sleep mode. Sometimes, a running application might prevent the tablet from exiting sleep mode. Some may think that the device is not turning ON, but the device may actually be asleep. If the software is not updated to the latest version, it can create this issue. To fix it, follow the given steps:
1. Hold the Power + Volume Up buttons for a minute. If the tablet is in sleep mode, it will be awake now.
2. Again, hold the Power + Volume Up buttons together until you see Installing the latest software prompt on the screen.
3. After the software update is complete, go for a soft reset explained in the next method.
Once done, restart your device and enjoy using it!
Method 4: Soft Reset Amazon Fire Tablet
Sometimes, your Amazon Fire Tablet might face minor issues like irresponsive pages, hang-on screens, or abnormal behavior. You can fix such issues by restarting your tablet. Soft Reset generally referred to as the standard restart process, is the easiest to implement. The steps for the same are:
1. Press the Volume Down and the side button simultaneously, and hold them for some time.
2. When you continuously hold these two buttons, your tablet screen turns black, and the Amazon logo appears. Release the buttons once you see the logo.
3. It takes a while to restart; wait till your tablet wakes up again.
These simple steps will restart your Amazon Fire tablet and resume its standard functionality.
Method 5: Use the Correct AC Adapter
The AC adapter for the Amazon Fire tablet and any smartphone looks similar, so there are high chances of these being swapped. Sometimes, your tablet will not turn ON even after hours of charging.
In this case, the problem lies in the AC adapter you are using.
1. Use the correct AC adapter, which has the Amazon logo on the side, for charging.
2. Standard specifications for the charger are 5W, 1A. Make sure you use an adapter with this configuration.
If you are confident that you are using a suitable AC adapter, but the tablet still does not turn ON; in this case:
- Ensure the cable is plugged correctly; it is neither cracked nor damaged.
- Make sure that the ends of the cable are not broken.
- Ensure that the internal pins of the cable are not damaged.
- Confirm that the internal pins of the USB port are in proper condition.
Tip: If your AC adapter and cable are in perfect working condition, and yet the issue persists, try replacing the AC adapter with a new one.
Method 6: Contact Amazon Service
- How to Find Archived Orders on Amazon
- Step-by-Step Guide to Delete Your Amazon Account
- Fix Steam is Having Trouble Connecting to Servers
- How to Hard Reset iPad Mini
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix the Amazon Fire Tablet won’t turn on issue. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.